Josie’s Dragonfly Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration no. ZA238636.
Josie’s Dragonfly Trust relies heavily on the kindness and generosity of individuals to allow our work to continue.
The first time you interact with the charity and provide personal details – for example, when you sign up to receive email updates, register for an event or make a donation – you may receive follow up information from Josie’s Dragonfly Trust, including the difference your donation has made, or future opportunities to continue your support.
You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by contacting the charity directly by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can write to us at: Josie’s Dragonfly Trust, 7 Hallstile Bank, Hexham, Northumberland NE46 3PG or call 01434 602043 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).
We respect your privacy
Josie’s Dragonfly Trust will look after any personal information that you share with us.
You can be confident that:
- We will only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt-out from future communications.
- We will never release your information to external organisations.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
A cookie cannot be used to identify you.
If you would like to learn more about Cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
1. How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with Josie’s Dragonfly Trust. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our fundraising activities, register for an event, make a donation, interact on social media channels, purchase something, apply for a volunteering opportunity, if you chose to provide some optional feedback or otherwise provide us with personal information through correspondence via telephone, email, text or letter.
2. What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We also gather general information about the use of our websites, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in Josie’s Dragonfly Trust emails. We may use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
If you would like to learn more about Cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
The cookies we use
We use the categorisation set out by the International Chamber of Commerce in their UK Cookie Guide.
We use all four categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for you to move around our website and to use its features, like our shopping basket and your account.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our site, like which pages are visited most. No information that identifies you is kept.
- Functionality cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience, like your text size or location. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. They are anonymous.
- Targeting or advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
But what if I don’t want cookies?
You can opt out of all our cookies (except the strictly necessary ones). To find out how to control and delete cookies in your browser please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Please be aware that if you choose to refuse all cookies, you may not be able to use our website properly.
4. How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To respond to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means.
- For internal record keeping.
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us (see below)
- To provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive.
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different regions of the UK;
- To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Josie’s Dragonfly Trust website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Josie’s Dragonfly Trust will only contact individuals for marketing purposes in cases where you have provided us with consent to do so. You may provide that consent in various ways including online or paper forms, social media, or face to face engagement with our fundraising team.
6. Updating, changing or deleting personal information.
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to ensure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
Email us at: email@example.com
Write to us at: Josie’s Dragonfly Trust, 7 Hallstile Bank, Hexham, Northumberland NE46 3PG
Call us on: 01434 602043 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
7. Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
Josie’s Dragonfly Trust will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. Josie’s Dragonfly Trust will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
Exceptions: We will comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).